Sunday, April 13, 2008

OH SO CLOSE...


We're almost there. Here is a pic of the new entrance, we love it! The official (as official as we as we can be) opening is set for April 22 (assuming all inspections go as we hope). That puts us at about 7 weeks behind our original schedule. Which I guess in contractor and trades-guys world that means we are actually ahead of the game. Not to say that is what held us up, just saying they probably have a more realistic idea of how these things progress. So, that being said, I guess we are right on schedule. That is just one of the things I have learned through this process.... I have also learned more than I would have ever liked to know about new septic systems. Though I love DeJohn (our septic company), and can't say enough about the job they do, if I never see them ever again in my life I would be happy. That is from across a leech field or looking up into a tractor of some sort....I will be happy when I am actually looking across the bar at them and we're all getting a good laugh at this whole debacle we call 76ers.
Enough babbling here for now...I GOTTA GET TO WORK!
b.

3 comments:

Jon.woz said...

I was wondering if you were planning on hosting live music at Salt. I am a local musician (and former student of Mrs. Boyle's s.e.e.k. class!) and I'm always looking to play local places. I can give references in colorado, north carolina, and new jersey. I can audition. I can provide a CD. I can fill three hours with classic-rock-cover-tune-sing-a-longs or i can play a set of originals. Just wondering.

And i'm very excited for you guys to open in B-town. viva IPA's.

Jon Wozniak
Forest Lakes since birth
http://www.myspace.com/jonwozniak

Anonymous said...

The front door really looks amazing! Just wondering what you did with the steak, seafood, and other decals that were stuck to the front door for all those decades. Did you peel them off, burn them etc ? Was hoping to restick them somewhere in our home. (just kidding) Can't wait for the 22nd. Best of luck to you guys.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a happy surprise! We were trolling the net to see what was new with Bula. (Miss that place so much!) We were hoping you guys would have found your way down to NC by now, but as we can see, you have found a great new venture in Byram! Next time we're visiting NJ, we'll make a stop at SALT! We're certain it'll be a great success!
All the best to you!
C&J Komsa, Charlotte, NC