Sunday, April 21, 2013

.....and in my closing argument

So-
           * 22 counties
            *34 Days
            *6 Houses
            *3 cars
            *2500 miles (4000 km) all done on the "wrong" side of the road, on the "wrong" side of the car, one with a stick shift.  Where the speedometer is only in km, the speed limits and mileage on signs only in km, which left me to just drive aimlessly not knowing when I would arrive anywhere.  Oh, but to throw a twist into it, Northern Ireland thought it would be fun to switch there sign postings into mph and mile distances...which is great for me to figure out how far something is, but I have no idea how fast (or slow) I am driving.
            *Countless "O" and "Mc" Pubs throughout the country
            *Dozens of Ireland's best and most talented cooks, chef's and food people.  All passionate and loved talking and sharing their knowledge and stories.
            *372 perfect pints of Guinness
            *1 pint of Murphy's stout
            *dozens of good meals
            *a few "not so good" meals
            *Fish & Chips at least 10 different ways in pubs, restaurants, "chippies" and roadside "diners" for lack of a better term

             This really was the trip of a lifetime and was amazed at every turn..whether it was the food, the culture, the scenery or just the people, it was a great trip.  That being said, I can't wait to get back, to get to work, to see everyone and to share what I bring back.  Most of what I have learned and experienced really isnt something you can replicate...most of it was thoughts, seeing things in different ways, working with different people, experiencing different things.....though you may see some things pop up here and there and say..."wait a minute, I know where he got that idea", and of course there will be studio dinners and parties planned soon after I get home.   So anyway...those are my thought this morning here in Ireland...not sure if this will be my last post or not, I will probably get one more in before I head back home....for now it's off to say my "Good-Byes" to my new friends at The Tannery....
         

   

No comments: