Thursday, April 3, 2008

THURSDAY'S TOP CHEF RANT..

Bye Manuel...and we hardly knew ya! Really! We hardly knew ya, which is one reason he is probably gone, he brought nothing to the table or the show. But if it were really based on talent there is no doubt there could have been other choices to send packing....say...Ryan. Antonia. Zoi. Maybe even Andrew. But each of them bring something to the table (except maybe Antonia, who was my pick this week by the way.)
I thought the quickfire challenge last night was tough, but thought they all kind of did well on that. The elimination challenge though should have been an opportunity for each of them to shine, and in my opinion, the only ones who really ran with it were Richard, Andrew, and Dale. Though for the same reason that Manuel was booted, for following blindly, so went Andrew with Richard. Fortunately for Andrew, Richard is much better then Spike so he was safe. I also felt that Spike and Manuel showed much more technique and skill with their dish then Zoi and Antonia, c'mon...It shouldn't have come down to how much of your budget you spent over how well you executed your dish. Anyway it was fun to see Daniel....The guy is just a culinary God, and seeing him on shows like that make me realize what an experience it was being able to have worked with him for as long as I did.....
For next weeks pick I am going to have to stick with Antonia, though I don't think Zoi or Ryan have much longer either..
b.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bradley, looks like your crew is having fun. Re: Top Chef -- I loved the whole movie / dish connection, that was fun to watch -- I think drawing from the old Sabrina film (Audrey Hepburn) souffle scene would have been fun and clever, with a nod to Boulud? Anyway, Richard's my (obvious?) favorite and for the sake of drama, I think they'll split up "the girls" and take Jennifer off the show next week......