Tuesday, April 29, 2008

THANK YOU!

Thank you to all of you who joined us last night here at Salt, it was a great opening. In spite of the crappy weather and being a Monday you all ventured out to help us open and we appreciate it! To those of you who haven't made it in yet we look forward to seeing you! We had a few minor glitches last night, to be expected on an opening night, but all in all we were real happy with everything, the staff was great, the kitchen rocked and all of you made it a great night! Pics are coming!
So now is when the real stories begin, and boy will there be alot...and I have to say i look forward to them, even if they stress me out, drive me insane and make me wonder why i chose this profession. Each of those stories though..be it dealing with the public, dealing with staff, dealing with my own insanity or what ever else goes on in the day of a restaurant it's what makes me tick, and I look forward to giving you all a glimpse into what a day is like in a restaurant! *Warning to the faint of heart*- there is usually foul language involved, and sometimes references to things some may find offensive....but fuck it, that's what the restaurant business is all about and what has kept me in it for 25+ years.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the opening. I hope all your hard work and efforts are rewarded. I'm sure our palates will be.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I wish I was able to make it there!

Yes, that's what the restaurant field is all about - and I love to hear someone enjoy it so much & get such a kick out of it!

Since I never got up to Bula, I really look forward to enjoying Salt!

Joe Fisher said...

Sorry we missed the opening! We'll be there tonight. Possibly with bells on :)

-Joe

Joe Fisher said...

Short story: the food was good, service was so-so. Draft beers were lacking (more coming "real soon" according to the menu), but the bottled selection was really nice. I only got to try two beers, but that goes back to the so-so service.

I'll post a more detailed review once I get the chance to arrange my thoughts.

-Joe

Eric Wormann said...

My wife and I made it out for the opening night and had a great time. The food was good (I had the fish and chips and my wife had the tofu dish) and the beer selection was great. (I'm looking forward to more options)

Our only complaint would be more vegan options. It's really hard to find any vegan dishes around here, and it was nice to see one or two on the menu that didn't need to be altered or substituted, but it would be nice to see some sort of vegan dessert added to the menu.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to trying the new place tonight, we loved Bula.I am personally hoping a couple of my Bula favorites like the jalapeno soup and szechuan caeser salad show up sometime. Any chance of nightly specials being posted on web site? Best of luck!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We visited Salt Friday night (it was packed) and as self proclaimed foodies we were very impressed (two thumbs up)! I think you're onto something here........

The atmosphere is pub-like, relaxed and welcoming. The decor is tastefully done and unpretentious. We felt comfortable right away. No neon BUD LIGHT signs in this place, Corsendonk signs, yes, Bud Light, no.

The bottled beer selection is fabulous and they had a few nice selections on tap as well. I would personally love to see Guinness and Corsendonk on tap but hopefully in time that'll come. The wine list was well organized with wines categorized by variety and taste and the prices seemed reasonable as compared with other restaurants. The selection was mostly from California which is ok but not overly impressive. On a big plus side, they did have quite an extensive "wine by the glass" selection!

For appetizer's we had the bloody prawns which were absolutely perfect! loved em! We also had the olive salad which had a wonderful dressing that we enjoyed very much. The food was artfully presented and it's clear that SALT takes pride in their creations, we hope this continues. With more appetizer selections like these we could graze all night.....

For dinner I had the fish-n-chips. The fish was fresh and fabulous, not over cooked and thus very flaky. The batter was light and not at all greasy. Delicious! The chips where fresh cut and tasted good but left a bit to be desired IMO. The crystallized salt on the chips was a nice touch but otherwise they where kinda limp and lifeless. I normally prefer malt vinegar on my chips but I couldn't pass up their homemade catchup! BTW, this is NOT the kinda joint that plops down a dirty/refilled bottle of catchup or malt vineger on your table. Major points for that!! Overall I was very impressed with my meal and the whole experience, nice job guys!

My partner had the roast hen which was also quite good. I tried a little and was duly impressed.

keep it up guys and we'll be back again and again......