Thursday, May 15, 2008

TOP CHEF...


I'm on top of things this week!

Soooo....it's about time that crackhead Andrew finally met his demise.
One thing of note, as we were all watching at the bar last night, we all commented on the total lack of respect of the panel this season. From season 1, where it was basically "yes chef" "no chef", to this kind of arrogance and talking back. If they don't get a grip on that right away I think the show is down the shitter. I have to say, I love the show, but the inconsistency in judging and the attitude and arrogance of the "chef's" is spiraling downward. To add to that, what the fuck is Sam doing as a guest judge...what has Sam done that they would put him in with the likes of Daniel Boulud, Rocco (though his talent is questionable, he has been successful), Bourdain, amongst others top in the field. Correct me if I am wrong but Sam cam to the show as a "cook", didn't make it into the top 3 of his show, as far as I know has not done anything worth mentioning since the show and is brought back as a JUDGE!?!? So if you are "sexy" you get to judge I guess? Hmmmmm, there goes that spiraling motion I was talking about....If I were one of the contestant's I would have been like "what the fuck?" this guy is only one step away from where they are, and as far as a couple of them maybe even a few steps behind!! Oh well, it's only tv, right?

So I was happy to see Andrew go this week, and was glad to see the judges finally stuck to the rules "they" layed out, that if you don't follow the rules, you don't move on, no matter how good or bad, or how bad anyone else sucked...they have seemed to have a problem with that rule in the past.
As far as next week, I think we will be saying good bye to Lisa. But if you have been going by my picks, forget about it, I've sucked this season!
b.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember, "nothing is sexier than breaking into a yolk".

Anonymous said...

Bradley, I hope you're right about Lisa packing her knives -- cannot wait to see her go! What a bore! Re: topic of judges -- I know he is not a chef, but would love to see Jeffrey Steingarten on as a guest judge.....