Tuesday, May 13, 2008

TOP CHEF.....


Alright, I know I am almost a week late on this...but after watching it again on TIVO here is my take on last weeks Top Chef.

The quickfire challenge this week was a fav...the relay race really kind of shows what these guys are about..if you can't do these basic skills, and do them well, as Dale said about Nikki "why are you still here?" And that ended up ringing true.
Antonia...cmon, how long does it take to peel and supreme (section) 5 oranges....you suck! Now the fish on the other hand..damn, Dale and Richard I have to say really kicked ass...that was pretty impressive.

Wedding Wars....It was a good challenge, but it seemed that the bride and groom were pretty lame in their wants....damn, if I was getting married and was going to have the Top Chef tv show cater it I would call them out, I would want to challenge these guys to put out the best, to really impress. Pizza? filet? seemed more like high school prom food....but thats just me.
And what is with Andrew....with this challenge "I have a culinary boner"..You are a culinary boner Andrew! C'mon Spike...what is rapini? ? (rapini is just another name for broccoli rabe)
It also seemed very obvious that Nikki was "in Charge" whether she liked it or not, and she should have stepped up...you know she would have taken credit if everything had turned out well. Dale whined about doing almost "everything" but almost "everything" sucked.
All of that said, I wasn't sad to see Nikki go, but if they were being consistent and this wasn't for TV, I think it probably should have been Dale last week, just based on the challenge at hand, but Dale makes good TV and he is overall one of the stronger ones....but.

One last thing...Is it just me or does it seem Padma has packed on some serious pounds this season. Not in a bad way. It looks like she has been seriously hitting the gym....huge guns on her, and slightly larger in other areas as well. She actually looks human now as opposed to anorexic. Just my opinion!
b.

1 comment:

James M said...

just wanted to say I visited salt with my girlfriend for lunch this afternoon and it was great!!! I am a former student of Mrs. Boyle's at Byram and now go to Villanova- and I'm so impressed that such a GREAT place is located in Byram!

I will be sure to come back with all my friends and family!