Saturday, March 22, 2008

JUST SOME RESPONSES TO COMMENTS....

ChefRa.....Glad to hear you are interested, spread the word, I think it could be alot of fun for all of us. It's funny when people think we all know each other and the fact of the matter is that we are all so busy doing what we do that we never get a chance to see each other except benefits and the occassional night out. So here is a time for us to kick back, piss and moan about life and just get together. E-mail me at salttoo@yahoo.com

Anonymous....brickwall tavern is exactly that, it is a tavern. This is just a response to someone saying brickwall tavern is NJ's first "gastropub". I did check them out, and nowhere did they or do they claim to be a "gastropub", but thanks for the heads-up.

Anonymous....Thanks for the interest in the book group. You (or anyone else reading this who might be interested) can e-mail me at salttoo@yahoo.com and I will start to get the ball rolling and contact everyone about schedules.

The Troll...I understand completely what Dufresne is doing and I respect what he is doing to an extent, I just don't think food needs to be tinkered with at the restaurant level. I do understand the need for science to step in as far as a global effort to get longer growing seasons and what not. I am not a purist when it comes to cooking and do believe we should use ingredients and techniques available to us in our time, but I do believe food in it's purest state, with the least manipulation is when food is at its best, both health wise and flavor wise. When food is at its natural peak it is best, which is why we should stick with cooking "in-season" and local...Not taking away from what these guys are doing, and it is just my opinion. Seems to me the more we mix "science" in with the natural way or order the more problems we create that we then need more science to figure out. Anyway.... Now lets solve all the world's problems Troll...You and I!!! (lol)

Frank...I just always appreciate your comments! Thanks for reading!

Linda...Same as Frank up there...I love to see you name pop up in my "in-box". Thanks!

Markate...Thanks for the interest in the book/dinner group..email me at salttoo@yahoo.com and I will get you on the list for info and what-not.

Kleine1us...Yea, the reporters always seem to fuck things up on ya..oh well, I think Laurie cleared up anything in her follow up blog..we also tend to get a little sensitive. (lol)

Debbi...We didnt see the article in Budget Travel. If you have it in e-mail send it over we'd love to read it. (or snail mail..Salt 109 rt 206 Stanhope NJ 07874) Thanks for thinking of us!

Frank...Thanks for the compliments on the sign. Quite a Beacon it is! You saw us out there huh? That must have been some sight, glad it did'nt cause accidents, you know everyone has to watch the train-wreck. And you noticed my salt shaker rating system...what the hell right, makes it fun!

Jeff & Joan...No-one is counting down the day's like we are..lol Thanks for the compliments on the sign...we're really happy with it too. Hey Jeff..How about this running/biking club, have'nt heard you chime in yet....??

Eric...Thanks for letting us hang the sign "our" way, if we did it your way it would have been way too easy and therefore nothing to talk about, or for people to point and laugh at while they drove by on 206.

Anonymous...Yes...Stone IPA on tap...here's to ya!

Mike & Lori...No need to make a reservation, c'mon now!

And thats it for now! Boy I better do this more frequently....thanks for all the comments. Just remember, I can't answer you through the comment board so don't get offended if you don't get and immediate reply, I do read them all and appreciate the interest in what we're doing. See you all soon!!!
b.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive beer selection, when do you open, and how about some info on the food?

Anonymous said...

Bradley? Laurie? Yoo Hoo, anybody there? Where did you guys go? We need more "Salt!"....Hope you had a nice Easter :) Linda