Wednesday, March 20, 2013

So, somehow I'm that guy- you know the shifty one, a bit shady and suspicious looking..the scar across my cheek, the index finger missing above the middle knuckle..you know "that" guy...I was picked for the body scan and the pat down.  All good, I made it through without much damage and made it to my gate.  I ask if there is a place to grab a beer before the flight and pointed int he direction of a Buffalo Wild Wings.  Now you all know how I feel about "Chains".....well at this ver moment, I'm gonna be an asshole (I know, some of you are saying what makes today any different than any other day) I am gonna have my last guinness on US soil and kiss NJ good bye for the next 5 weeks.  Touchdown in Dublin is in about 8 hours and i am looking to some good Irish chaos.  I can't wait to dig in to the restaurant scene here....looking forward to hard work, picking chef's brains, eating some good food, drinking some "perfect" Guinness, maybe compare a few whiskey's, catch some fish..and of course stay out of any ditches along the way.  It was a little nerve wracking sending my knives through with my luggage...come to think of it maybe this is the reason I was hand picked to be seized and searched....but when I went to see about sending them ahead it was like 300.00....to hell with that.  For that price my knives could get their own seat, less the meal, the personal entertainment system and the choice of adult beverages and smoked almonds.  So I figured they could sit in the baggage holding....now to hope they meet me at the terminal in Dublin......This is the start of a great adventure!

No comments: