Sunday, May 4, 2008

A WEEK IN REVIEW..

WOW....... What a fucking whirlwind. So,big "THANK YOU" to all of you who joined us this week at Salt. We got tons of feedback and learned alot this week. With that we took everything in that was thrown at us, what worked really well, what didn't. What you all liked, and what you hated. Where we lacked and where we were strong. We really do appreciate feedback, it's the only way we get better and give what you want, that being said, we have to weigh everything and still stay true to what We are doing here.
First..we want to clarify one thing from the get go....

WE ARE NOT BULA!...Bula is under new ownership and they are doing a great job over there. We are also not doing the "bula-thing" here. We are doing the "SALT-thing" here! Salt is supposed to be a layed-back relaxed place, a pub, with excellent food, friendly service, great music, great atmosphere,....a real sense of community...that is who we are! We want you to feel like this is YOUR place and when you are here you can RELAX. Period.

ok, now that is out of the way!

So we took a bit of a beating this week, though we were real happy with everything, we were far from perfect. This was to be expected, being our first week, and like I said we will work on everything...If you guys aren't happy, why are we here? We also realize we can't please everyone, though we will try our best, we can't be everything to everyone....we are Salt and we'll be the best damn Salt we can! LOL

Note right off the bat the change in our hours....they will now be
tue - fri 11:00 - Late
sat 2:00 - Late
sun 2:00 - 8:00

There will also be a few menu changes on the way.
We also know that at times service was slow for some of you, and we apologize for that, it is something that we think we have addressed, and something we will continually be working on! (We fired everyone) NOOOO.....Kidding..... We are actually very happy with the staff and how they are working together. We just needed to tweak some positions and what not. Believe me, I am not one to make excuses for bad service, or anything else, but bear with us and we promise to give you our best!

Now...WITH ALL OF THAT BEING SAID....... GO RANGERS!!!!!

b.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a word of thanks for a great night out! We were child-free Saturday night, and enjoyed the friendly bar and a tasty meal. It being the first weekend, I thought your whole staff kicked ass. Looking forward to many more memorable meals (try saying that 5 times fast) at your fine establishment!

Anonymous said...

I've been tracking your progress thru the blog and as I pass by your location. Since you welcome comments (which takes takes a huge pair of salt shakers!) I'd like to offer my two cents... Ordinarily, I would never check out a restaurant in its first week but the anticipation has been killing me. So, friday night, my wife and I brought another couple in to finally try it out.

The vibe alone sold me.

As I sipped my beer, and pondered my menu selections, I found myself caught up in the excitement and the frantic hustle of the staff. I can't recall any of the conversations we shared with our dinner guests, but what I can recall is the conversations which we were "amongst". I chuckled countless times as I thought of witty things I'd say if I were to make a comment on the blog.

Observations...

Restaurant reviewers wait a polite amount of time before they enter and review a new establishment, people who fancy themselves reviewers that love to hear themselves talk should do the same.

Anyone who has never worked in a restaurant, should not be allowed to eat in one.

If you are the type of person that enjoys large chain restaurants, please continue to eat at them and leave those of us who value originality, to dine in peace.

People who order iced tea are generally shitty tippers.

Do people usually walk in to a new restaurant and ask for an item off of another restaurants menu? ...What the hell is Bula's?

The staff should be commended for their composure while in the weeds... Jim, Erion & all... Good job.

Our overall experience wasn't without flaw. It was however their first friday dinner service. Having never been in a gastro pub before, I think I "got it". I'm positive that once the kinks are worked out that this will be one the areas coolest places to go.

Anonymous said...

Good but uneven experience on Saturday night. After about an hour wait for a table (which was to be expected and not really an issue given the excellent selection of tasty beers at the bar) we were seated and ordered appetizers pretty much immediately. They did not arrive until one hour and 10 minutes later. Took nearly another hour to get the entrees and our waitress was pretty inattentive throughout this time (had to flag her down for drink refills, etc.). Not sure if the delays were due to the wait staff or the kitchen being in the weeds but there's some work to do on speeding things up a bit. That being said, the food was excellent and I'm sure it will only be a matter of time until you work out the kinks. But I'll definitely be back and I will be looking forward to seeing how things progress.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a wonderful food experience at Salt over opening week. I agree with the above diners that the service was less than stellar. I think the wait staff needs to become more familiar with the menu as well as more friendly and attentive to the customers. Overall, most definitely will be back again, just hope the wait staff works out their kinks.

Anonymous said...

My wife and I tried to go on Friday (even with the expectation that there would be kinks to work out). Barely pulled in the parking lot as it was totally jammed.....we just looked at each other and thought,....uh....we'll come back during the week! Rather, we settled on some less than adequate Mexican food down the road a bit....I was so looking forward to the Bloody prawns and blue moon chicken......!!! We'll be back and now that the Rangers are out, their three fans won't be crowding the bar!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed an off-hours lunch on Friday - I sat at the bar & tried the Fish & Chips. Fish was excellent - tasty fries! The tartar sauce was unusual & wonderful & the Oriental Soup Spoons instead of a mayo cup was great!

I never try to go to a new place "on hours" - I'd rather enjoy the exceptional food without the rush - the bar is where I sat, so no issues with service. Other diners were friendly & it was great to see some kids there.

I'll definitely be back - I hope to try some of the appetizers - namely, the risotto!

Anonymous said...

I think the renovations inside and out looked great.
It has much more welcoming and warm atmosphere.
I would have liked to have seen the owners actually mingle with the customers and introduce them self at least for a few weeks till local people get to know who they are.
Jennifer was very nice and did introduce her self, but I had no idea that Brad was the owner till I found the web site, although I did see you in the back near the kitchen a few times.
The food was very good. I thought there could be a little improvement in the quantity of the appetizers with the price. I was a little disappointed to see that it was $6 for three ravioli, but they were very tasty and I would order it again.

I am also wondering about why such bad language on the blog page? I just think you lose some professionalism there when you want to run a professional establishment.
It just doesn't seem to go along with the nature of the atmosphere you are trying to create.
All in all, I would visit again.