Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Weekly Thursday rant about TOP CHEF..

Ah, the new season is upon us. For those of you who watch, like myself, we have been waiting for this season. For those of you who don't but are reading this, its on Bravo Wed nights at 10. I think since the first season the show had slowly gone down the shitter...til this season. It definately seems this season the talent pool is solid and it actually has some of that grit that really is a professional kitchen...not a polished bunch of whiners and recent grad prima-donnas. Its good to hear "bleeps" on a real "restaurant" show it makes it a bit more true to life. That being said, it seemed very obvious the one going home last night was going to be Nimma. Besides her it seemed everyone was pretty solid and its tough to see any clear winners or even the top 4 at this point (granted it was only one episode, but they all seemed to be pretty talented), should prove to be a good season. What about this couple thing? Jennifer and Lisa, this is where I have a problem with the show...it's good tv, but come on, with all of the talent that probably tried out for the show why would you put on a couple? Oh, think of the drama when they have to go head to head and eliminate one another...kind of cheapens the show, but that's just my opinion. My pick for next weeks loser, Ryan....seems as though Ryan may have been a little pampered by his restaurateur father and might just not be all of that. But its early, who knows. My pick for the top 2..Richard, and Jennifer. Stay tuned on Thursdays for my view on it, and feel free to comment on it.

b.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I pretty much agree with you assessment of the contestants. Lori and I decided to pick "horses" prior to the first quick fire just for a laugh. I picked Richard and she picked Stephanie. We both are pleased with our picks, however uninformed, after the show was over. Watching a guy who's on a professional cooking contest not know how to make chicken piccata was painful to watch. Tough to pick the next to exit the show but I hope Andrew leaves soon, he makes me want to punch him in his twitchy face. I don't trust chefs who can't sit still.

Back to Salt, are you guys taking reservations yet? We plan on coming in opening night with the Uber-steins so if we should call 347-SALT please let us know. Thanks, Mike