Friday, March 7, 2008

My most expensive Starbucks ever..or..shitty waste of time!

This morning Tony, Jeremiah and myself left at 11:30 to head into the city to another auction. We drove the hour or so it takes to get into Manhattan, spent another half hour driving in circles in Mid-town lunch time traffic trying to find a place to park, and ended up having to park in a lot anyway, a lot which charged me 26.00 for up to 10 hours and an additional 10.00 for an oversized car. This was after spending the 8.00 it now costs for the honor of being able to drive into the city, and the 25.00 in gas that my "oversized car uses to get me into the city. So let's see this is now what, like hmm, 69.00 frickin dollars. Ok but it will all be worth it in the end, you know with finding everything we are looking for at the auction and what not. So after parking we walk the 8 or so blocks to the restaurant. When we get there, we walk in, take a quick look around and realize the place is full of just absolute SHIT! Broken, dirty, old, greasy, SHIT!! What a drag. So needless to say we spend literally 1 minute and 10 seconds in the place before turning around and leaving. Fortunately on the corner was a Starbucks, so I grab a large redeye for 4.00 and head back to the parking garage, which by now has been about 10 minutes since we left. We get back to the garage, which by the way has not even moved my car from where we had left it when we dropped it off, pay the 36.00 and head on back to Byram. So my point of this is that that was the most expensive cup of coffee I have ever had......which was 73.00 and the 3 1/2 hours of my time. Just another day in the life of SALT.
b.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad,

I LMAO at your stories. When the book comes out will you autograph a copy for me? I hope all is going well. We can't wait for the opening.

Kate said...

I'm enjoying the blog, and I can't wait until your place opens. Imagine, real cuisine mere miles from my home! I never thought it possible. Although it will feel strange to go into 76ers and not get cooties.

Best of luck!