Tuesday, September 30, 2008

OK, INTERNET IS UP AND RUNNING.....Funny shit


And "John", you are right I will have to share some of the fun stuff that has been going on. Been a little busy, but I will get on and try to share. And YES there has been some really funny shit going on...so here is something that happened a couple of weeks ago that had me, and the rest of the staff just about peeing our pants, throwing up, and feeling sorry, all at the same time.

Our "Salty Dog" hot dog eating Champ found himself in a bit of a pickle the other night. We'll just call him Dave for the stories sake (and because it is his real name). Dave was a little bored one evening after service and was just hanging in the waiter station in the dining room. I kind of just wandered in to see what was up with him and he was sweating profusely, white as a sheet, and didn't look right. So I ask him what the hell is up.....this is when it gets good...... Well he shows me this corkscrew apparatus we have hanging around that was given to us by a distributor for the bar, but this huge medieval contraption just didn't work quite right for us, on top of its inherent dangers. It really is like some sort of torture device that has like a hammer lever that you press down (you can see where this is going) to remove the cork from the wine bottle. Well, in David's tired, bored, end of night mind, somehow he put his finger in the end of the contraption and leaned in on the handle. Needless to say what happened, he shot the corkscrew through his finger, I mean "THROUGH" his finger. By the time I got to him he had already had Erion come back and help him lift the handle and remove the screw from his finger. He had some sort of cock-eyed bandage made of what looked like tissue and duct tape wrapped around his finger and felt too stupid and scared to tell anyone what the hell was going on. When I was able to process what he was telling me I wasn't sure if I was going to laugh, try and do something for him or what. So after quickly assessing the situation and realizing he was ok, bandaged, and going to live I burst out laughing and had to share this with everyone. When David got home he made a trip to the emergency room, got himself a nice tetanus shot to go along with the pain in his finger and was sent home with his tail between his legs. So, there is my story for the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More stories like that!

How did you and Jim do in the triathlon?