Wednesday, June 25, 2008

PERILLA NYC...


Excellent...as usual. On what would be I think our 4th of 5th time at Perilla it is always just a perfect night. Starting with the company we had of course, to the food, to the service, to the last cup of coffee...We have yet to be even slightly disappointed. I will only speak for my meal which was started with

"Raw Kona Kampachi" The freshest of tuna with yellow garlic chives, toasted rice pearls, and smoked ponzu...top rate.
on to
"Romesco Oil Poached Halibut" with black olive gnocchi, oyster mushrooms, & young garlic sauce. Perfectly cooked, gnocchi was a bit dense but awesome.

a side of "Faro Risotto"....again, just awesome...with artichoke confit, Parmesan, & Chili-grape salad

for dessert

"Red Velvet Cake"..I actually have to say this was the only slight let down, though there was nothing wrong with it, and it was actually REALLY good, it wasn't "Red Velvet Cake". It was very thin layers of cake with a super-dense cream cheese in between..like I said, it was awesome but not what I had expected...more of a cheesecake than anything else.

and being the coffee "junkie" that I am, I have to say the coffee was one of the best cups I have had in quite a while...I don't know what beans they use, but it was the perfect black coffee. And there is no better way to end an evening than with a perfect cup of coffee.

All in All..excellent....
If you ever get a chance I highly recommend this place! 9 Jones Street

b.

No comments: