Thursday, April 24, 2008

THE SKINNY ON THE OPENING....

We are still waiting!Though hopefully only one more day. The last of the cement is being poured in the septic construction, the surveyor has surveyed, the engineer is engineering as we speak, we are hoping tomorrow morning the electrician will be finished electrifying, that the Health Inspector does her inspecting, and that Byram will issue us a C.O.! Once again we are awaiting the perfect storm. Waiting to see it all come together at the same time at the same place and in the end shoot out this thing called SALT. If, and I repeat and boldly say "IF" this were to all come together, and the God's are smiling upon us, and everyone is in a good mood, and I wake up and tie my shoes right, and the planets are aligned, and my tele-kinetic forces are working properly, and I meditate into depths as yet unknown to me then we shall open for Saturday Dinner, April 26. That is a huge IF. If not, we are looking for a Tuesday opening. I will keep everyone informed!
The "oh so soft" opening on Sunday and Monday went great. Tony was putting amazing things out of the kitchen, and everyone really seemed to be enjoying the new digs. We were also honored to have a cherished family friend Fr. Angelus Croce (whom by the way is celebrating his 50th year in the priesthood this Sunday, a huge anniversary! We will be celebrating with him on Sunday.) bless Salt this past Monday night. And I can't say more than "it was truly a blessing"! So we thank Fr. Ang for doing that for us, and thank those that also took part in that!
b.

No comments: