Thursday, February 14, 2008

Full Steam Ahead...

New bar top has been set and stained! Tony and I laid the entire bar on Monday. We used 3/4 inch red oak and it really is amazing. This morning I stained it with a red mahogany oil and it came out beautiful, can't wait to see it with its 5 layers of poly, that I start tomm evening. Pic will be coming soon. The hood is in the process of being installed right now and should be finished by tommorrow night. Next step in the kitchen is to have to new equipment installed. What might move the installation process along a bit quicker would be if I would actually purchase the equipment. I can't seem to pull the trigger on what exact equipment I want in the kitchen...with 2 weeks to opening I guess I should make that decision very soon. This weather has really sucked and put a huge damper on getting anything outside done. We had started pulling and chopping at the landscaping a few weeks ago, then got caught up inside with things, and then the weather crapped out on us. One good thing about the weather...well good and bad. With all of the water I was able to find exactly where the roof was leaking...the bad part is that prior to this weather I did'nt know the roof was leaking! At least now I know and once the water dries a bit I can get on the roof and spread some tar and do some minor repairs. Fortunately they are just small pinholes and can easily be repaired. Tommorrow we move into the bathrooms for complete renovations while the guys finish installing the hood in the kitchen....stay tuned!

No comments: